9.10.2011

My Favorite Things Project: Sewing and Crocheting

Next up on the "My Favorite Things Project" list: sewing and crocheting!

Photobucket


I started sewing when I was probably about 8- a dear friend of my family who is like a grandmother to me taught me how to do very simple things on a sewing machine. As time went on I started trying to sew more and I realized I liked it a lot! I sew quite often now; mostly clothes for myself (I love creating my own when I can't find what I want in a store!) or the occasional DIY project. My latest this summer was making slipcovers for the couch and loveseat in our living room. It was QUITE the project and I don't think I'll ever do it again! But I learned a lot and had fun. :-)

Photobucket


A friend of mine taught me how to crochet several years ago, and it's one of my favorite winter time activities...summers are way too hot down here to have a blanket draped over me while I'm working on it!! I enjoy making baby blankets and hats to put in my hope chest. (Thanks, Sarah, for letting me borrow your hands...it's a little hard to hold your camera and snap the shutter without your hands! :-))


Because of Jesus,
Bekah Hope

1 comment:

Zibber said...

Speaking of sewing your clothes, I still remember with admiration the purple dress you wore in May! The black-and-white picture is beautiful--I think the absence of color gives the softness that makes the picture perfect!
Blessings~
Zibber