9.08.2011

Beautiful Music, Beautiful Voices | Personal

Okay, I know this isn't photography-related in the least, but I just had to post this...those of you who I see in person on a regular basis have heard me talk about this group and have heard me *beg* you to *please* go check them out on YouTube!!

So I wanted to post this video to share with you the beautiful music and voices of a rather unique group of quite talented young men:



Thanks to HannahGirl for posting this on her blog a while back...my jaw absolutely dropped when I saw it and I haven't gotten over my astonishment since then. I have always absolutely loved music that was really and truly beautiful (just ask my piano teacher- if it wasn't pretty and didn't sound quite right to me I wouldn't play it!). Music in Italy has always been gorgeous; they have quite a rich history of classical opera. But music that's popular here in America couldn't quite be described as beautiful (for the most part- though there are a few exceptions) since the days of Rodgers and Hammerstein. So to discover a group of guys that are so young and yet they love and appreciate classical music and sing it so very well...to me, that's cause for rejoicing!!

If you like what you hear in the above video...check out their performance on American Idol (and be sure to watch for Scotty and Lauren's astonished expressions!)...or for proof that they're just normal kids off-stage, watch some footage of them wandering around New York City. I'll leave it at that. :-)

Because of Jesus,
Bekah Hope

PS- just a side note...I like their music a lot more than them. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY Rebekah!

I just wanted to let you know that I got your emails/texts and I came to your blog... if only for a minute! It's so very neat! I can't wait to read and watch everything!!

Love you!
Sarah Elisabeth

Rebekah said...

Hey Sarah!! Great to hear from you! I know you're busy so that's okay that you were only able to spend a minute here. :-) Love and miss you bunches!!