3.26.2012

Sarah | Bridal Portraits

At laaaaaast! Sarah is married!! (Which I still cannot believe!!!!)

The wedding was beautiful - I'll post her getting-ready shots within the next couple weeks (not makin' any promises, y'all...) but for now, here are her bridal portraits!

We were all a little worried when we drove down to the beach and the fog was so thick you could hardly see the highway! But once we actually walked out on the pier it turned out rather pretty, in a mysterious sort of way. We also took some shots at the Friendship Oak on the USM Gulf Park campus. It's a great location!

Without further adieu, may I present.........Mrs. Sarah DeJarnette!





Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
{personal favorite}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
{The fog. Yep. The beach is beyond those cars.}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
{another personal favorite}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
{Talking to Paul}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


As you can imagine, with shooting bridal portraits in public locations...we got some rather funny reactions from passers-by:
 
"Your dress is beautiful, honey!" (from a 20-something year old girl)
"Oh, I'm so sorry!!!!" (from girls running by)
"You fishing for a groom?" (a guy)
"Are you getting married?"
"Are you going to a bridal shower?"
"That is just beautiful!" (a sweet elderly black man working on the buildings on the USM campus that had been washed out by Katrina)
 
....and the funniest of all:
"Is that a net?" asked the 50's-ish man as we got in the car. "A what?!" we replied. "A net! Like a fishing net!" "Nooooooo...!!" "Well, I know somebody who fixes nets and I thought that's what it was!"

We had fun. :)

Congratulations, Paul and Sarah - we love y'all and miss you already!! Happy honeymooning and life in San Antonio!

Because of Jesus,
Rebekah

PS - photographers! I need your help. Which editing program do you use, Photoshop or Lightroom, and why? I'm considering buying Lightroom but I'm undecided as to whether I should buy that or Photoshop. Let me know in the comments section or shoot me an email! Thanks!

3 comments:

Katey Marie said...

Oh I just love the pictures Bekah!! They came out very beautiful! She made a very pretty bride!

As for editing...My other friend photographers use lightroom. It IS the most useful editing system to photographers. Now if you want to go really bold and out there, you could get PS which cost like $700.00. . . But is it doesn't have all of the editing tools like for light and all...I have lightroom 3 and I'm so very very happy with it! And so do all the photographers I know. . .Eventually when I have a big business, I may get photoshop...

Rebekah said...

Thanks for the info, Katey! That's what I was thinking but wasn't totally sure, so I figured I'd ask. :)

KattyRae said...

Those are gorgeous! *dies* And so creative!
LOL, those comments made my day! Wish I was there to see y'all's faces! hahhaha! =)
<3