11.30.2011

Hands | Personal

Though these pictures aren't the finest in terms of focus/sharpness, I wanted to share them with you.

My beloved grandmother is one of the most musically gifted people you could ever meet. She began studying classical piano at a young age, spent a summer at the Julliard school of music in NYC, and has blessed the hearts of many ever since with her beautiful playing. She's easily comparable to Beegie Adair when it comes to jazz (name any Big Band hit and she'll play it - with no music) and I can't begin to list all the classical pieces she's played!

Her daughter, my dear aunt Emily, studied piano as well; she now uses the gift of music the LORD has given her serving as the pianist for her church and teaching little ones each week. I love hearing her play! One of our favorite things to do as a family when we're all together is gather around the piano and sing hymns.

As I've said before in my "Favorite Things Project: Playing the Piano" post, my sister and I took piano lessons for 10 years and, even though we don't study music as much anymore, the LORD has given us many opportunities to use the gifts He has given us. We both love to play for our church and a weekly Bible study, and it is one of my greatest joys to pass on my love of music to the precious kids I teach.

When my dad's side of the family gathered last week for Thanksgiving, I had the chance to take these pictures:

Three generations of pianists...

Photobucket

My grandmother, Alice


Photobucket

My aunt, Emily


Photobucket

My sister, Sarah


"...with my song will I praise Him!" Psalm 28:7


Because of Jesus,
Bekah

4 comments:

Zibber said...

These are just beautiful, Bekah! What more can I say?

Love you,
Zibber

Katey Marie said...

cute pictures!

Anonymous said...

I loved how you did the three generations. Really nice pictures rebekah! :)

Rachel

Sarah Elisabeth said...

Beka I really like this post!! I have a spot inside me that's sentimental (but not as much as my dad and brother) and this post hit that spot. Simply amazing.

Love you!