8.27.2011

The start of something...

"..so great, it's destined to fail without You, LORD." So goes a song by John Waller. Starting a photography business may not be a big venture to some people, but to me it is. I never thought I could do it! But here it is...and without the saving grace and great blessings of my LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ, I wouldn't even be here on this earth in the first place.


So! At the moment I am waiting a few more weeks for a 50mm f/1.4 lens to arrive so I can get what I really want out of my camera, instead of...well...what you get with a kit lens. You photographers out there know what I'm talking about! 


Meanwhile...I thought you might enjoy some pictures I've taken over the past couple years of God's beautiful creation!






Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Hopefully I'll get some more photos up soon! I'm not in a big hurry to get things going yet. :-) 

A quick note- I love constructive criticism so, photographers! Y'all got any? I'd love to hear what you think- and any tips you might have. Thanks!

Because of Jesus,
Bekah Hope

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks great! :) Keep fiddlin' with it and you'll get the hang of it eventually. :)
Yer sis-
Sarah ;) LOL

KattyRae said...

I love your photography! It's so beautiful! I am so glad that you are starting this!
<3 Kattyrae

Katey Marie said...

Hey Rebekah!! Cute little blog! So, what camera and lens do you use for shooting?. . .

Zibber said...

Congratulations, Bekah! I'm so happy for you! These pictures are gorgeous; you have a lot of talent. I love the layout of this blog and your profile and your humble, friendly words. I'm adding this site to my list of blogs that I check every week.
God bless,
Zibber

Rachel B said...

Congrats Rebekah! I'm sooo glad you've started this! Many blessings on this new adventure! :D ~Rachel~

Rebekah said...

Thanks everyone!! I loved reading your comments!!! :-)
Katey- I use a Canon T1i and the 18-55mm lens. I also have a 55-250mm telephoto but I don't use it often. How 'bout you? :-)

Heather B said...

Awesome! SO happy for you to be starting out on this adventure!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great job, Rebekah! I love them all! Thanks for "acknowledging HIM in all your ways!" Pro3:5-6

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! I recognize some of the pictures from the ones you've sent me in the past, and I can't wait to see more posts.

~Mockingbird

HannahGirl said...

Hey Rebekah, thanks for the comment letting me now about your new blog! It's lovely here :) I stoked that you're starting a business doing what you love, that's tough, but fun too - excited for you.

These are some lovely photos here!! I ADORE the top one, so dreamy. I love apple blossoms (I think that's what they are?). Love how the bright color flowers are shot in front of a dark/black background - read in a photography book that that's the way to go. And the sunset one is lovely.

God bless your venture!

Rebekah said...

Thanks, Heather, Joy, and Mockingbird for your sweet comments! :-)

Hannah!! So glad you stopped by! :-) The top photos are actually Bradford Pear blossoms. We have a big tree in our front yard that is one big ball of WHITE in the spring- so gorgeous! And you know what? The bright flower pictures were actually taken with my old point-and-shoot SX110. Those things are good for macro, if nothing else! (grin)