4.25.2012

Annie Moses Band Concert 3.25.2012 | Personal

Several years ago, as I was browsing around on iTunes listening to music, I stumbled across an artist (a group of artists, I should say) that I'd never heard of: the Annie Moses Band. My curiosity was peaked, and as I listened to sound clips from their CD's, I was amazed: how in the world had I not known about them before?!

The Annie Moses Band, named for their great-grandmother, is a family group comprised of siblings Annie, Alex, Benjamin, Camille, Gretchen, and Jeremiah, along with their parents, renowned songwriters Bill and Robin Wolaver. I would write more, but I'd encourage you to head over to their website and read about them yourself!

Okay, now that you've read about them, you may be wondering why I'm doing a blog post about them! Well, a couple of months ago I just so happened to check their website; I hadn't done so in a while and wondered what they'd been up to lately. Imagine my surprise and delight to look over at the Tour dates on the sidebar...and see that they were going to be in Ocean Springs, Mississippi, on March 25th!

I knew we couldn't miss this incredible opportunity, so we quickly made plans with our dear friend Scarlett (featured in this blog post). So, on Sunday afternoon, the Twenty-fifth of March, we headed down to the absolutely darling little coastal town of Ocean Springs, got a bite to eat at Sonic, and scurried over to First Baptist - just in time to find a seat! It was a glorious evening and we enjoyed every minute of it!

So...I thought you'd enjoy seeing some pictures from the concert!



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
(The girl in the middle is Alex's wife, Berklee)

Photobucket
(This was SO funny...Annie picked this guy out of the audience and proceeded to teach him how to play the violin! Her dry wit had us in stitches!)

Photobucket
 
 
 


Because of Jesus,
Rebekah

6 comments:

KattyRae said...

Wow! That is so cool!
My sister had some of her girls several Annie Moses songs for her studio recital. =)

Katey Marie said...

Nice pictures! Miss talking to you!

Mamie Rose said...

So...you haven't posted in a while. I guess you're busy, I'd still love to see some pics you took at the conference at some point. :-)

Rebekah said...

Hey Mamie! You're right! I did an engagement shoot a few weeks ago but I'm waiting on the couple to send me a written account of their love story so I can include it in the blog post. :) I haven't really done much else other than that! And I didn't take many pictures at Conference, but I might post some soon...and maybe some from the Memorial Day service we went to today. :)

Mamie Rose said...

Cool! I bet it's a sweet story. I made a video with clips (filmed with my new camera) from the Film Festival, Conference, and Reunion, but it's too big to upload to Vimeo, so the only place it is is on Facebook.

Rebekah said...

Perhaps you could split the video up into 3? Or parts 1 and 2? I'm going to have to do that with the AMB videos I shot, actually. It takes a long time to finalize them in iMovie and upload them to Photobucket.