1.19.2012

"Christmas, Christmas time is here...

...and Christmas songs you love to hear! Thoughts of joy and hope and cheer but mostly shopping, shopping, shopping!"

Oh, wait a minute.

I've been listening to Straight No Chaser too much.

And Christmas was twenty-five days ago.

And I'm just now posting pictures from that wonderful day!

I didn't take very many, really. You know, sometimes it's nice to just sit back and relax and enjoy making memories, instead of worrying about capturing every single second with a camera.

But I thought you might enjoy a few...here are some of my favorite ornaments out of the 357 (and counting...not that I've counted...but it's a lot!) we somehow fit on our tree every year:

Photobucket


Photobucket
{We have four of them, one for each of us}

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
{My grandfather made this}

Photobucket


Photobucket
{From the Ryman Auditorium}

Photobucket


Photobucket
{My grandfather made this, too. It's a real egg! Painstaking work, beautiful, but very old and fragile now.}

Photobucket
{From the Washington National Cathedral, made out of stone from near Bethlehem!}


Photobucket


Photobucket
{From Stanton Hall plantation in Natchez}

Photobucket
{My Nana wrote this letter to my parents when they were first married}

Photobucket
{Can you see him? A stuffed otter from the Monterey Bay Aquarium! Getting to put the otter in the middle of the tree is quite a big deal in our house.}

Photobucket
{There's a tiny pew, organ, and Christmas tree inside!}

Photobucket
{Also from the Washington National Cathedral - the Rose Window}

Photobucket
{Christmas tree bokeh!}

Photobucket
{So I tried that handy little idea on Pinterest - do you know how hard it is to cut a tiny heart out of a piece of paper?! That's why mine look a little funny.}

Photobucket
{Same thing with a cross. Maybe I should ask for a Photo Jojo gift card next this year for Christmas, and maybe I should get this fun kit!}


Photobucket
{I made this for my sister. It was said on a behind-the-scenes video for the movie Courageous that producer Stephen Kendrick often quotes this. I just had to make something with this on it for Sarah!}

Photobucket


Photobucket
{We made Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls to give away to the families at church at our Christmas Eve service. The aroma was heavenly!}

Photobucket
{You know what? We cut the butter and sugar in half. Or maybe even more. And they were still really rich! But oh so good. :-)}

Photobucket


Well, that's all for now...I did get another item on my Favorite Things Project list crossed off! I'll post it soon - having a hard time deciding which picture I should use out of the 50 different shots I took! 


Because of Jesus,
Bekah

8 comments:

KattyRae said...

Beautiful! That egg ornament is exquisite!
And those cinnamon rolls? YUM! =) We had them for Christmas morning too!
<3

Rachel said...

Oh my! Those cinnamon rolls look so good! I want to try them. ;) . . .I love your ornament pictures! You did really well!

Katey Marie said...

Ohh..those cinnamon rolls do look so yummy!..please do give me the recipe!!..great pictures!..Miss you!

Rebekah said...

Thanks y'all for the comments!
Katey, if you click on the link "Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls" the recipe is in that post. :-) Do cut the butter and sugar, though- it's almost too sweet and rich even doing that!

ericaJ said...

Hey Bekah,
Thanks for stopping by the blog. I'm so glad you came out of "hiding" so I could be introduced to you and your blog. It's so fun meeting other photogs! Keep snappin'!

Rebekah said...

Hey Erica!
Wow, thanks for stopping by!! That means a lot - I love hearing from other photogs, too! :-)
~Rebekah

Sarah Elisabeth said...

YUM!!!

I think I remember that quote from Stephen Kendrick!! TOO funny! And so true.

Hey! That's neat about the Bokah (kit) thing!!

And... I'm glad you posted again... we've been waiting! :D

Love you!

emma leblanc said...

The cinnamon rolls were awesome! Me and my mom ate two each, right when we got in the car. Emma of Tin Lane.